Clinics & Services
The practice runs a variety of specialist clinics. These include:
- Post Natal Appointment - Make a routine appointment with a GP or Practice Nurse.
- Asthma / COPD Clinic - This is run by the Practice Nurses. A variety of appointment times are available.
- Child Health Clinic - The GPs do the 6 - 8 week baby checks on a fortnightly basis. All new babies will be sent an appointment for this from the Health Board.
- Childhood Immunisations - Appointments will be sent out by the health board to see the health visitor for this at the recommended ages
- Contraceptive Coil Fittings - Unfortunately NHS Lanarkshire no longer provides funding for this to be done in General Practice and therefore all patients should now attend the local Family Planning Clinic.
- Diabetes - This is run by the Practice Nurses. A variety of appointment times are available. Foot checks and eye screening will be arranged at the same time.
- Exercise Referrals - This is locally available through the EK Leg-It scheme which operates through the John Wright Sports Centre. Unfortunately this is only available to patients with certain conditions. For discussion of suitability and referral, please consult a GP.
- Smears - Please make an appointment with the Practice Nurse. A variety of times are available.
- Smoking Cessation - Research has shown that your chances of quitting are doubled if you have the support of a smoking cessation clinic. You can self-refer for this service. Forms are available from reception.
- Travel Clinic - Both of the Practice Nurses are qualified to offer travel advice and vaccinations. We offer this service to our NHS patients and to private patients. Please fill in a travel form which is available at the reception. The Practice Nurse will call you thereafter.
- Warts / Minor Surgery - If felt appropriate after an intial GP consultation a further appointment will be arranged for treatment.
- Well Man / Well Woman - Please make a standard appointment with the one of the Practice Nurses who will be happy to do some basic tests and give advice. It is helpful if you can bring a urine sample to these appointments. Sample bottles can be requested from reception.
- Well Baby - This clinic is held every Wednesday afternoon from 13.30 – 15.00 at Hunter Health Centre.
- Yellow Fever - The practice is now an authorised Yellow Fever Centre. We are able to vaccinate patients requiring this vaccine for travel purposes, following consultation with the practice nurse. The fee is currently £60. We are also able to offer this vaccine to patients from outwith our own practice. Please call for an appointment with the practice nurse.